Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Halloween Party Theme 7 Deadly Sins By Minister Speed
I was recently sent this picture about a Halloween costume and dance party. It was being presented by BLACK ENTERTAINMENT. The photo stated the theme of the party was The 7 Deadly SINS. It went on to state that you had to dress in a costume to gain entrance and that you should come dressed in your sin of choice.
It’s amazing to me how most lose the ability to mentally understand the devastating effects of Satan in the world and even when he EXPOSES HIS PLAN COMPLETELY most will laugh it off and participate as if all is well.
In looking at the photograph we get a clear understanding of what’s being perpetrated upon this world by Satan.
At the top of the picture it reads “Indulge all your senses as you enter a world of comfort, class, and fantasy". Here we see Satan as he plays upon His prey by offering them the desires of the flesh. His play upon words is amazing. How can a person willingly participate in DEADLY SINS and be in a world of comfort, class, or even fantasy?
How is it that a person could be so BLIND and IGNORANT that they could not see the TRUTH about this obviously and blatant EVIL and WICKED STRATEGY?
Underneath the caption you see a woman who has a HALO over her head with HORNS sticking out of her head obviously as a reference to “FALLING ANGEL” with “BLACK WINGS.” The audacity of Satan is amazing.
The bible says no man can serve two masters. He must choose . To not make a decision is to make a choice for SATAN. The strategy between good and evil has taken on new heights and I know that many will participate in this affair who call themselves Christians and will shrink off the truth and worship Satan to fulfill the lust of their flesh.
There will also be many who blindly will follow their master to the pit of hell. The sad truth is the people who created this event must have some background with what’s going on. Satan’s lieutenants are very skilled in deception and have mastery in SIN. Most people have no idea of the seriousness of the 7 SEVEN DEADLY SIN.
THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS
1. Lust- or lechery (carnal "luxuria") is an intense desire. It is usually thought of as excessive sexual wants, however the word was originally a general term for desire. Therefore lust could involve the intense desire of money, fame, or power as well.
2. Gluttony - Derived from the Latin gluttire, meaning to gulp down or swallow, gluttony (Latin, gula) is the over-indulgence and over-consumption of anything to the point of waste. In Christianity, it is considered a sin because of the excessive desire for food, and its withholding from the needy. Because of these scripts, gluttony can be interpreted as selfishness; essentially placing concern with one's own interests above the well-being or interests of others.
3. Greed - Greed (Latin, avaritia), also known as avarice or covetousness, is, like lust and gluttony, a sin of excess. However, greed (as seen by the church) is applied to a very excessive or rapacious desire and pursuit of material possessions. St. Thomas Aquinas wrote that greed was "a sin against God, just as all mortal sins, in as much as man condemns things eternal for the sake of temporal things." "Avarice" is more of a blanket term that can describe many other examples of greedy behavior. These include disloyalty, deliberate betrayal, or treason especially for personal gain, for example through bribery. Scavenging and hoarding of materials or objects, theft and robbery, especially by means of violence, trickery, or manipulation of authority are all actions that may be inspired by greed.
4. Sloth - (Latin, Socordia) can entail different vices. While sloth is sometimes defined as physical laziness, spiritual laziness is emphasized. Failing to develop spiritually is key to becoming guilty of sloth. In Christian faith, sloth rejects grace and God. Sloth has also been defined as a failure to do things that one should do. By this definition, evil exists when good men fail to act.
5. Wrath - (Latin, ira), also known as "rage", may be described as inordinate and uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger. Wrath, in its purest form, presents with self-destructiveness, violence, and hate that may provoke feuds that can go on for centuries. Wrath may persist long after the person who did another a grievous wrong is dead. Feelings of anger can manifest in different ways, including impatience, revenge, and vigilantism.
6. Envy - Like greed and lust, Envy (Latin, invidia) is characterized by an insatiable desire. Envy is similar to jealousy in that they both feel discontent towards someone’s traits, status, abilities, or rewards. The difference is the envious also desire that entity and covet it. Envy can be directly related to the Ten Commandments, specifically "Neither shall you desire... anything that belongs to your neighbor".
7. Pride. In almost every list, pride (Latin, superbia), or hubris (Greek), is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, and the source of the others. It is identified as a desire to be more important or attractive than others, failing to acknowledge the good work of others, and excessive love of self (especially holding self out of proper position toward God). In perhaps the best-known example, the story of Lucifer, pride (his desire to compete with God) was what caused his fall from Heaven, and his resultant transformation into Satan.
My brothers and sisters it is time to awaken to the raging warfare around us. God is not to be mocked. You have a choice and that choice must be evident. Please understand that your choice will affect the lives of everyone around you including your children. These traditions are not harmless playthings. They are precursors to destruction.
I will close with several Bible verses which will help you understand what God has to say.
1 Corinthians 10:21 ESV You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons.
Ephesians 5:6-12 ESV Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not become partners with them; for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord.
Hosea 4:6 ESV My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me. And since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.
Ephesians 5:7-12 ESV Therefore do not become partners with them; for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
Proverbs 22:6 ESV Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.